Carpet as flooring has a plethora of benefits as compared to other flooring options available. We all know the longevity of anything depends on the way you take care of it. Similarly, the carpet’s beauty, softness, and comfort depend on the way you take care of it.
From the beginning when you decide to buy carpet, you should also start thinking about its care and maintenance. Improper maintenance influenced the appearance of the carpet, reducing your indoor air quality
For carpet cleaning, all you need is a little knowledge on how to choose the best carpet cleaning chemicals and how to clean your carpet properly. Some people think carpet cleaning is the afterthought when it gets spilled or starts looking dirty, but carpet care starts from the day you bought it. It requires regular cleaning and vacuuming. Following a routine for carpet cleaning is essential, you will notice some amazing improvements if you stick to a decent regimen.
Here are some steps which guide you on how to maintain carpet by cleaning and taking good care of it:
- Vacuuming is the first step and most effective way to clean carpet.
- Vacuuming influences indoor quality by removing dust particles embedded into it.
- Vacuum the carpet slowly and steadily for effective and proper cleaning.
- Consider changing or emptying vacuum bags when they are half to two-thirds filled since this increases the vacuum’s efficiency.
- Vacuum regularly and more frequently in heavy traffic areas.
- Homeowners with pets should frequently vacuum the carpet to get rid of pets’ hair.
Treat spots and spills first:
- With the carpet having fibers that are stain-resistant cleaning it will be quite challenging, so Spots and spills should be cleaned as soon as possible with chemicals that will not harm the carpet.
- Blot the spill with a paper towel, don’t rub or scrub the spot or spill as rubbing or scrubbing will settle the spot and spill deeper into fibers.
- Scrubbing and brushing with sharp bristles brush cause fraying and texture change of carpet.
- Consider using white cloth for cleaning as the colorful cloth has a higher potential of transferring dye to the carpet.
Deep clean your carpets:
- Try to clean the carpet by yourself.
- If needed remove the furniture first, in case you don’t want to remove furniture or your furniture is heavy, wrap the legs of the furniture with a plastic film.
- Don’t let your carpet be too much wet and do not use strong chemicals.
- Deep clean your carpets every 12 to 18 months to remove entrenched filth and grime.
- To prevent airborne dust particles, put mats outside and inside the entrance, remove your shoes when entering the home, and change your air filters.
To conclude, as mentioned above in the blog that carpet as flooring has numerous benefits similarly carpet cleaning also offers various advantages, which include higher productivity, and longer life span Identify the optimal procedures and regimens that do not affect carpet appearance in the long term.